Asian food is the cuisine of the Far East. Each country and region has its own unique traditions when it comes to cooking and eating. China and India are the oldest civilizations and societies in Asia. In fact, their customs spread throughout Asia, including many of their culinary traditions.
The Asian continent has a long and intriguing history with food. The major types of cuisine include East Asian, South Asian and Southeast Asian. East Asian foods include Chinese cuisine, Japanese cuisine and Korean cuisine. South Asia cuisine is Indian food. Southeast Asian cuisines are traditionally Thai food, Lao food, Vietnamese food, Malaysian food, Philippine food and Indonesian food.
The different types of Asian cuisine are differentiated from one another by local ingredients and cooking techniques. Asian cuisine commonly provides distinctive flavors and signature cooking methods found all over the east. It is interesting to discover the differences of Asian traditions from country to country. Get ready to be treated to a variety of Asian food and cultures.
Asian Food Information
- Asian cooking is the way Eastern people prepare their food. The cooking style is quite different from western customs. In fact, Asian cuisine is a totally different style of food when compared to western meals. The ingredients and cooking processes are distinctive in many forms of Asian cooking. Asian food is known to be lighter, healthier and extremely delicious. That is one of the reasons which made Asian cuisine so popular across so many nations.
- Asian cuisine dates far back into history, thousands of years. The history of Asian trade has influenced how cooking and eating traditions spread locally and regionally. However, every country adapted its signature cuisine to suit its own local resources and preferences.
- Southeast Asian food is the product of Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore, The Philippines and Indonesia. In this area, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia have been influenced by the French culinary tradition. Malaysia and Indonesia are predominantly Islamic countries which removed pork from their regular offerings. The Philippines contains a Spain culinary style and history. Thailand blended Chinese and Indian cooking and adapted it to be more appropriate locally. Indeed, each country has its own distinctive character and flavors. However, all Southeast Asian countries are all known for their fresh ingredients and exotic flavors.
- Southeast Asian cooking is usually very simple in its techniques. Southeast Asian countries maintain individual character, despite a close geographical proximity. However all share many similar tastes and methods. The common examples of cooking techniques include stir-frying, boiling and baking.
- Southeast Asian cuisine has become well-known in western countries. Thai food is probably the most popular SEA cuisine worldwide. Vietnamese is super yummy, but not as widespread on the restaurant circuit. The exotic tastes come from balancing the flavors of salty, spicy, sour, sweet and bitter. The standard ubiquitous ingredients are coconut milk, fish sauce, lemongrass, Thai basil, fresh chili and lime.
- Southeast Asian recipes are practical instructions to prepare authentic and aromatic food. There are numerous dishes to explore and learning to cook these recipes will provide joy and a very useful skill. Fresh ingredients are essential to prepare the best Asian style cuisine. Learning new cooking methods can be fascinating and fun! Best of all, you get to eat when you are done.
- Asian food recipes include the broad spectrum of Eastern offerings. You are probably impressed with many different varieties of Asian cuisine. They are so flavorful and delicious. The good news is you can make most dishes at home, right in your own kitchen. It is really amazing to cook Oriental style food even though you are not Asian… Prepare to have fun and enjoy some truly awesome food.
- Asian recipes come from a long and rich history. The cooking directions are not too difficult, making the recipes very user-friendly for beginners. In the kitchen, the fragrance of your meal will scent the whole room while you are cooking. It is an irresistible invitation for your family members to enjoy Asian food tonight.
- Asian foodies are fanatics of Eastern cuisine. Foodies are literally obsessed with food and will do anything to experience all their favorite meals around the world. This is true food culture.
Thailand is the land of good food and good drink. Thais place eating to be the main priority in life. People usually say “Hi “and begin a conversation with “Have you eaten anything yet?” If people are going to eat, they will all eat together. It is a social experience!
Many other types of Asian cuisines are available in Thailand. There are many restaurants to consider for daily meals… Japanese, Vietnamese, Korean, Thai, and Chinese are the most popular selections for Thai people to enjoy. Technically, I am very familiar with many forms of Asian cuisine and have learned a lot more knowledge from my Asian friends in New York. My Japanese, Chinese and Korean friends describe their culture, including the food. It is amazing to be in such a rich culinary location full of “the real deal” when it comes to the various cuisines of The Orient.
Eastern foods can become your favorite everyday meals, since there is truly a vast selection of recipes. The cooking style might not be familiar for you, but it can become second nature in no time. Asian culinary is practical and perfect for any daily meal. Oriental food flavors are distinctive and completely different from your usual Western cuisine.
Even eating practices may seem strange at first… Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese people use chopsticks for their utensils. Thais prefer a spoon and fork for every meal and rarely use chopsticks. Indians commonly use their hands to enjoy their food. Asian food is simple but delicious in all its forms.
I discovered some authentic Asian ingredients from my friends’ recommendations and explored them at the local Asian market. Indian food is fascinating to me and I have investigated and experimented using many curries. It was so fun learning all about different Asian cuisines. Let’s amaze your family and friends with some Eastern influenced cuisine. Did you choose your dinner recipes yet? It’s time to cook!