Thai cooking is one of the most popular types of international cuisine and a favorite among amateur and professional chefs alike. Thai food is an exotic blend of flavors spanning the spectrum of sweet, spicy, sour, salty and savory.
Learning to cook Thai is not only quite easy, but it is also fun and extremely rewarding. This is because Thai recipes will bring an interesting flare to your kitchen and will also increase your general proficiency in the culinary arts.
It has long been said that mastering Thai food preparation allows chefs the chance to diversify their skill sets and also facilitates a simple transition into other types of Asian and Western cooking adventures.
Thai Cooking Recommendations
Readers love to write in with a wide range of questions about Thai food and how they can learn the basics for use in their own kitchens. Here are some of my favorite topics relating to cooking Thai cuisine.
- So many readers are intimidated with the thought of venturing into such a complex cuisine, but are still excited to try out easy Thai cooking.
- Preparing Thai food involves lots of techniques never seen in western style cooking and many not even normally found in other types of Asian cuisine.
- Cooking Thai food at home is not as difficult as it may seem. It just requires a bit of patience, maybe some new equipment and lots of practice. Cooking Thai at home will pay huge dividends in the gratitude shown by your family when they taste the delicious textures and flavors!
- DIY Thai food can be just as good as formal recipes, or even professionally prepared meals, when the chef understands the crucial balance of ingredients. I most often make up my own recipes.
- Healthy Thai food cooking is more popular than ever with more and more people wanting to maintain their wellbeing through a nutritional diet.
- Thailand cooking is often very different than cooking Thai in other areas of the world. Authentic Thai food is prepared using many techniques exclusive to the country, with home chefs able to achieve extraordinary results with even the most basic of cooking utensils and appliances.
There are numerous ways to learn to cook Thai food, both on a professional level and for pure enjoyment at home. Many people like the flexibility and tradition of reading Thai cook books and many of these are available online and in local stores. I like to shop for these in off-priced discounters, where quality books can be bought for literally pennies on the dollar!
Thai cooking videos, both online and on DVD, are popular, since these allow students to see the entire process of meal preparation and get a “feeling” of how things are done from the presenter. Formal or informal cooking lessons are a great idea when studying any type of cuisine, but are certainly not needed to become a great chef.
Just remember that cooking is truly an art and like all inventive endeavors, there is a certain amount of natural creativity which makes up the best artists!
Thai Cooking Advice
When writing this website, I wanted to make a resource which would really help people master the basics of Thai food, but also provide insights which would assist them at attaining higher levels of proficiency in making difficult dishes. I pride myself on my own cooking and love nothing more than sharing it with the people I love and who love me in return.
I derive great joy from my passion of cooking and have found the activity to be not only a practical addition to my family’s needs, but also a creative outlet and a source of inspiration for everything I do in life. I hope that with some effort and imagination of your own, you too can cultivate the great love of Thai (or any style) cooking which has enriched my life in so many ways.
Remember, if I can help you with anything related to Thai food preparation, you can contact me any time for assistance!