Thai duck curry provides a fantastic flavorful red curry sauce to complement a divine roasted duck. This scrumptious recipe contains delicious fruits and vegetables, such as cherry tomatoes, pineapple, basil and eggplant. These offer delightful flavors and add an incredible fragrance to the entire curry.
Roasting duck is an art form among Thai people. In general, chefs prepare the bird by roasting, stewing with five spices and frying. Many restaurants offer cooked duck served with steaming rice or noodles. Those come with a spicy sauce to extend the flavor spectrum. My favorite dishes are duck noodle soup, five spices duck with white rice and duck with egg noodles. Of course, I can’t forget duck curry!
Half cooked duck (sliced in pieces)
1 cup of coconut milk
¼ cup of pineapple (cut)
¼ cup of cherry tomato
2 tablespoons of red curry paste
¼ cup of Thai basil leaves
¼ cup of cut red bell pepper
2 tablespoons of fish sauce
½ tablespoon of sugar
¼ cup eggplant (cut small)
4 lime leaves
• Turn on the medium heat and add the coconut cream to the boiling pot.
• After the coconut cream begins to bubble, add the red curry paste and stir to combine with the coconut cream.
• After the red oil starts to separate from the sauce. Add the rest of the coconut milk to boil in the pot.
• After the curry begins to boil, add the duck, the pineapple, the tomato, the lime leaf, the basil and the eggplant to cook with the sauce. Bring to boil.
• Decrease the heat to low and stir occasionally. Keep simmering until the vegetables are cooked.
• Add the fish sauce and the sugar to season the curry.
• Taste your sauce and adjust for your preferences.
• Turn off the stove. Pour in a nice bowl and serve with hot jasmine rice.
• Enjoy your artful meal!
Thai Duck Curry Discussion
This curry dish will get the buzz going at your dinner table. Roasted duck provides a unique and outstanding taste. In addition, the pineapple and tomato impart a delightful essence to the curry. They provide a tropical flavor to the curry. You can make this exotic taste of Southeast Asian at home with a truly painless preparation. There is nothing better than such a perfect meal with such little work.
Duck has a distinctive taste which embodies the character of Thai cuisine. You can easily buy a roasted duck from your local Chinese restaurant or Asian market. There are many options to create deliciousness using this nontraditional western food item. If you are not familiar with duck, try ordering this dish from your favorite Thai eatery. I bet you will want to cook Thai duck at home soon!