Thai fish recipes offer a truly unique take on seafood and are well known around the world. Fish contains lots of protein and vitamins, but is very low on fat. Therefore, fish is always an ideal healthy alternative from meat or even poultry. Adding more fish to your diet is one way to stay in top shape for life. Thai chefs have long known how to prepare fish to maintain its nutritional content, while still making it fantastic in flavor. Thailand is the country blessed with many fishing opportunities, due to its position on the coast and many interior rivers. Therefore, seafood is not too expensive to buy and is readily affordable for most families. Thai fish can be prepared by steaming, grilling, deep frying and baking. If you like fish, you will enjoy the way Thai people love to eat it. Of course, your magnificent home-made fish dishes will be spicy, savory and delicious.
Thai Fish Recipes Collection
- Thai fish cakes are prepared with red curry paste, lime leaves, ground fish and green beans. It is a great snack or appetizer typically served with sweet chili sauce and chopped cucumber. This signature dish can be found from street food vendors to five star restaurants throughout Thailand. This recipe is so delicious with a bit of crunchiness and yummy dipping sauce. What a treat!
- Hor mok pla is also known as steamed curried fish. This elegant custard fish cup is a classic recipe in Thai kitchen. Every bite is so rich and creamy. It is truly delicious.
- Thai salmon recipe can be prepared in a variety of ways. Salmon provides vitamins, minerals, protein and high omega-3 fatty acid. It sounds very healthy and really good for you, because it is… Thai cuisine allows a lot of ways to cook delicious salmon, so you can buy a bunch of fish and cook each differently for a diversity of sinning options all week.
- Thai ginger fish is a steamed fish topped with ginger sauce. It is easy to steam fresh fish and then prepare the ginger sauce. The fresh ginger provides a sublime flavor and scent which masks any odor from the fish.
- Thai Basil fish recipe uses your favorite fish topped with spicy basil sauce. Distinctive Thai flavors come from fresh ingredients and the unique Thai cooking technique. This dish will provide fire from the fresh chili and Thai basil leaves. That is a truly exotic food.
- Thai sweet and sour fish is a good dish for sweet and sour sauce lovers. The combination of sweet and sour taste transforms a normal fish into an exclusive dish. The natural flavors of vegetables sautéed with Thai seasonings guarantee a perfect outcome.
- Thai chili fish is a classic recipe. Pla rad prik is delicious and flavorful. The recipe is practical and unique.
- Thai chili lime fish is always my favorite. The recipe contains tons of fresh ingredients. This dish is light and savory.
- Fish rad na features stir-fried flat fresh noodles and crispy fish topped with delightful gravy. This noodle bowl is so comforting.
Thai Fish Recipes Experience
My mom used to select food items for our family every day. She usually served fish dishes that were home cooked for our meals. Sometimes, my mom deep fried a whole fish served with sliced red onions, chopped garlic and chopped fresh chilies in fish sauce. That was unbelievably delicious. The crunchiness of the skin and juiciness from the meat. That’s what I am talking about!
As a fish lover, there are numerous fish recipes to satisfy every craving. Thai food always offers flexibility and most dishes can be made with almost any type of fish which might be available. This kind of ingredient substitution is a big benefit in poorer countries where supplies of particular items are not guaranteed year round. Salmon, sea bass, tilapia, trout, founder, red snapper are easy to prepare and are good with many varieties of Thai spicy sauce.
I recently made rice soup with sturgeon and added some Thai spices in there. Oh my god! What a fantastic meal! Fish has never scared me from its look and smell, because I know I can make it wonderful. Fish supplies excellent nutrition and is easy to digest, which is good for your stomach and intestines. There is nothing better than homemade Thai fish dishes.
Thai Fish Recipes Conclusion
Thai fish recipes are a primary source of nourishment and the crowd-pleasing flavors are a real bonus! Fish is low in fat, making it the best diet food. You can go to market, choose your favorite fish and simply cook it with your most beloved sauce. How easy and flexible is that? At your local food market, the seafood section usually offers sliced and cleaned fish for your convenience.
If you want to try little a adventure, go to an Asian food store and obtains a whole fish. This is real traditional Thai style! Fish is a perfect food for everybody. It is healthy, nutritious and tasty. What are you waiting for? White wine is a compliment for any seafood. You can have a sip while cooking also! Don’t worry, I won’t tell.