Thai food describes the cuisine of the Southeast Asian nation of Thailand. It is not to be confused with food from Taiwan or Taipei! The food of Thailand is Asian, but is not Chinese. This should get us off to a good start, since these are misconceptions I hear all the time from people who are not familiar with the country of Thailand or its rich history of culinary excellence.
Remember in order to fully appreciate the joy of Thai cooking, you need to understand at least some of the background information on what exactly constitutes Thai recipes and how the food is so crucial to the Thai cultural identity.
Thailand Food Topics
I love to talk about food of all types and am particularly fond of helping people understand Thailand, including its culture, its history and its wonderful sumptuous food! Here are some of the many subjects of conversation I love to discuss with friends, family and my website readers:
- Understanding the many types of Thailand food is great for people who want to match the cuisine with region it comes from.
- Learning to make easy Thailand food at home is a popular request from many amateur chefs. Remember, homemade Thai food may rival even the best gourmet preparations or even surpass them!
- Delicious Thailand food is a great addition to any restaurant menu. I work to propagate Thai cuisine on the commercial level by consulting with restaurateurs who have an interest in adding Thai to the menu selections.
- Exotic Thailand food is a reflection of the beautiful culture it comes from. Remember, “exotic” is in the eye of the beholder. Southeast Asians consider Thai to be “normal” and McDonald’s to be “exotic”!
- Famous Thailand foods have left indelible marks in culinary history!
- Thailand street food must be experienced to be believed! Who would expect that you could enjoy authentic Thai cooking, made instantly right in front of you, for such as cheap price!
- Thailand fast food is a growing trend in Asia, but is disturbing to traditionalists within the food heritage sector.
- Original Thailand food recipes can be created by anyone, even without formal training. I am constantly inventing new meal ideas and re-inventing variations on my old favorites. All it takes is some imagination!
- Popular Thailand food has proven itself to be a fiscal windfall for entrepreneurs who realize that you simply can almost never go wrong offering Thai cooking in your establishment!
- Thai food photos and pictures help chefs to visualize the end results of their culinary efforts. To me, these visions of loveliness just make me hungry!
Thai Food as an Art
Thailand is a country of great aestheticism. Everything is artistic in its expression, from the language to the architecture to the spirituality. Of course, Thai cuisine is no exception and most Thais consider food to be one of their crowning cultural achievements. Whoever wrote the old adage about “The way to a person’s heart is through their stomach” was certainly referring to Thai people!
I find the artistic expression of my own cooking to be an incredible outlet of creativity and even a method of relieving stress. Spend some time in your kitchen and you might just be surprised how your efforts may just change your mood for the best. Cooking Thai is not work. It is play! Have fun!
Thai Food Experiences
My life is much enriched because of my love of cooking. I have been in the kitchen since I was a little girl and I am known to be the family chef, past and present. Some things never change…
I am always aghast at the attitude that some people have about cooking…
“It is not important”
“It is too hard”
“It is not fun”
“It is my most dreaded activity”
“It is the last thing I want to do after a hard day at work”
These people might change their attitudes fast if they only knew how to cook Thai! Come on people! get with the program here. I will help you. Pour yourself a glass of wine and let’s begin. We are in this together.